One of the most important decisions you’ll need to make when planning a trip to Bhimtal is where you’re going to stay. While many travellers have chosen hotels, homestays are also gaining popularity in recent times. So, which one should you choose? Well, we’ve done the work for you, so that you don’t have to. Here are the pros and cons of renting a homestay in Bhimtal vs. staying in a hotel:
Pros of Renting a Homestay
- An Authentic Local Experience- Homestays offer a more authentic local experience than hotels. If you want to live like the locals, then that’s exactly what you’ll get! Homestays are often run by local families who take pride in sharing their culture and way of life with their guests. You will get to interact with the locals, indulge in the best local cuisine, and learn about the local culture and customs.
- Personalized Care– If you stay in a homestay, you can get personalized care that you won’t be able to come across in a hotel. The owners of the homestay will take personal care of your concerns and needs and will make sure that you are as comfortable as possible.
- Privacy– Homestays offer more privacy than hotels. Rather than being cramped up in a little room, you can get to live in your own cottage or even villa that is separate from the main house. Rather than having to travel, you might even find a homestay in Bhimtal bang in the scenic mountains, where you can enjoy nature without having to wander off as compared to a hotel that would take nearby amenities into account.
- Affordability– Homestays are a lot more affordable than hotels and provide similar comfort and amenities at a lower cost. Moreover, you can also have a larger range of choices ranging from rooms to cottages and villas, as compared to a hotel room.
Cons of Renting a Homestay
- Lack of Standard Expectation Amenities– Homestays don’t offer a standard set of amenities that one goes expecting in a hotel room. Often it can be a pleasant surprise or sometimes not be as promising as hotels.
- Small Group Sizes– A homestay might not be an ideal getaway spot for small groups or couples, as it offers more occupancy space than a hotel room.
Pros of Staying in a Hotel
- No lack of Amenities– Hotels offer a lot more amenities than homestays do. They usually have swimming pools, gyms, restaurants, bars, and spas that you can use without having to leave the hotel.
- Efficient Service- Hotels offer more efficient service than homestays. You can usually call for room service, housekeeping, and they would even have a front desk and concierge to get your needs met in an orderly fashion.
Cons of Staying in a Hotel
- Limited Local Experience– Hotels offer a limited local experience; they are usually run by big corporations, and you may not get to interact with the locals or taste the best cuisine unless you go venturing out yourself.
- Impersonal- Hotels are not as personalised as homestays. The staff may not take a personal interest in your comfort and care, and you may feel like you are just defined by your room number in a large chain of hotels.
- Expensive– If you stay in a hotel, you will have to pay more for the amenities and services they offer. Moreover, to get a better deal, you will have to choose a hotel further off from the main town in comparison to a homestay near Bhimtal.
Both homestays and hotels have their pros and cons, but where you stay depends on your preferences and budget. For a personalised, private, and local experience, a homestay in Bhimtal is the way to go. However, if you’re looking for more services and amenities, a hotel would be your best choice. However, do remember that hotels are usually more experience and less personal than a homestay near Bhimtal. So, weigh your options and the pros and cons before making a decision.